The Prayer of Authority is a mighty and highly effective weapon against evil strategies and demonic interference. It’s so beneficial and it’s so important in today’s world that we should use it at the beginning of each day. Here is a suggestion for how to do that by surrounding it with other important and powerful prayers. It includes prayers for Good News Ministries, because we are on a mission of changing the world by changing hearts for Christ. Feel free to adapt it to your own ministry or business.
Before you begin the Prayer of Authority, meditate first on Jesus Christ and who he is to you and what he has done for you. Reflect especially on his role as the Victor King who took your sins and the sins of the whole world to the cross, conquering all the forces of evil with his death and resurrection. Bring to mind how much he cares about you and all those for whom you’re praying. Thank him.
Doing this unites us to Jesus and his power over evil. Without taking this first step before entering the battlefield with our prayers, we unwittingly place ourselves in danger.
Take note, this is extremely important: If we treat the Prayer of Authority like a magic formula, reciting the words without being fully immersed in their meaning and Who it is that conquers evil, we attract demons to us rather than drive them away. Life actually gets worse, because demons want us to lose belief in the power of this prayer. They want us to lose faith in the power of Jesus and stop us from using this prayer effectively.
The most important part of the Prayer of Authority is what we do in prayer before we say the first word of it. In other words, our personal relationship with Jesus Christ must be our top priority every day.
When you’re ready, pray the Prayer of Authority with the authority given to you by God the Father, in the name of Jesus Christ and in the power of the Holy Spirit. Don’t recite it. Pray it and win victories with Christ!
This video includes the prayer on this page and more.
The Prayer of Authority on this page has been adapted for Good News Ministries. We ask you to please keep us in your prayers, because we are on the front lines of the battlefield. In fact why not join one of our Victory Teams! Become one of our 7 Warriors of the Cross.
Feel free to re-adapt these prayers for your own situations.
The following 10 prayers can be downloaded as a free PDF booklet to print and take with you wherever you go; use the form below.
One Decade of the Rosary:
A morning offering to change your life and change the world
In the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit. Amen.
1. Our Father, who art in heaven…
Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with you. Blessed are you among women and blessed is the fruit of your womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, defeater of Satan, crushing the head of the serpent beneath your heel, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our deaths.
2. O my Jesus, through the Immaculate Heart of Mary, I offer you all of my prayers, works, joys and sufferings of this day in union with the holy sacrifice of the Mass throughout the world, in thanksgiving for Your goodness to me, in reparation for my sins, for the intentions of my family and friends, and all those who’ve helped Good News Ministries in any way, and those who’ve asked me to pray for them and every prayer request posted at Good News Ministries, and for our Holy Father the Pope, and for the prayer yearnings of my heart: _________. Amen.
3. O my God, I am heartily sorry for having offended You and I detest all of my sins, because I dread the loss of heaven and the pains of hell. But most of all because they offend You, my God, who are all good and deserving of all of my love. I firmly resolve, with the help of Your Grace, to confess my sins, to do penance, and to amend my life with the Help of your Holy Spirit. Amen.
4. Father God, surround me with Holy Angels who help me know and do Your will today. Surround me with so many Holy Angels in such abundance that demons cannot see me or hear me or take advantage of weaknesses, vulnerabilities, or tendencies to sin.
Angel of God, my guardian dear,
To whom God’s love commits me here,
Ever this day be at my side
To light and to guard, to rule and to guide.
5. St. Michael the Archangel,
defend us in this day of battle.
Be our safeguard against
the wickedness and snares of the Devil.
May God rebuke him, we humbly pray,
and do thou,
O Prince of the heavenly hosts,
by the power of God,
cast into hell Satan,
and all the evil spirits,
who prowl about the world
seeking the ruin of souls,
And I invoke your protection especially for: __________.
6. In the Name of Jesus Christ, my Savior and my Lord, and with the divine authority that Father God has given me, and in the power of the Holy Spirit, I bind all evil powers, principalities and forces in the air, in the ground, in the water, in the underground, in the netherworld, in nature and in fire.
In the Name of Jesus Christ, I break all curses, spells, hexes and charms, and I smash all strongholds of evil, and I silence, bind and command all the powers and forces of evil to depart right now away from me and my family and friends and from Good News Ministries and its staff, volunteers, and benefactors. I bind any demonic forces that try to interfere with the financial viability of Good News Ministries or its office, server, websites, computers and other equipment, and God’s plans for the ministry’s growth.
7. Jesus, You are the Lord over the entire universe and I give you the Glory for your creation. Seal us all in Your Most Precious Blood, which was shed for us on the Cross, and cover our homes and properties, vehicles, jobs, health and finances, and the Good News Ministries server, websites, elists, and equipment. I praise the Lord Jesus Christ! I thank you, Lord Jesus, for You are a faithful and compassionate God. Amen.
8. Mary, our Mother, I seek your protection and intercession with the Sacred Heart of Jesus and the patronage of St. Benedict for me and my family and for Good News Ministries and its staff, volunteers and benefactors. Surround us with your mantle of love to discourage the enemy.
9. Heavenly Father, purify me and my family and Good News Ministries and all its staff, volunteers and benefactors, and our hopes and dreams, plans and activities, by filling us all with your Holy Spirit. In the name of Jesus Christ and with the divine authority given to me by the Holy Spirit, I break every trap and stranglehold of the enemy, and I loose abundant finances, growth in the ministry, and personnel needed to fulfill God’s plans for this ministry. Amen.
10. Come, Holy Spirit, fill the hearts of your faithful
and enkindle in us the fire of your love.
Send forth your Spirit and we shall be renewed,
and through us You shall renew the face of the earth.
Come, Holy Spirit, renew me. Increase in me faith for miracles.
You have my permission to change me.
Come, Holy Spirit, increase Your presence in Good News Ministries.
God, who by the light of the Holy Spirit,
did instruct the hearts of the faithful,
grant us by the same Spirit to be truly wise
and ever to rejoice in Your consolation.
Through Christ our Lord. Amen.
Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit! Amen.
This prayer is included in the downloadable ebook How to Win Victories in Spiritual Warfare >>
Find more Prayers for Everyday life >>
For more faith-builders, visit the Good News Ministries home page >>