by Good News Ministries Artists
“A dream-come-true of mine is for various artists who read my Good News Reflections to paint or sculpt the Stations of the Cross for the wall of our Seminar Room in our office suite in Tampa, Florida. The idea is to represent the globalness and diversity of the Catholic Church while honoring Christ through the talents of God’s people.” ~ Terry Modica, Co-founder and Director of Good News Ministries of Tampa Bay (2011).
If you’re ever in the Tampa area, please stop by to visit our staff and to pray (contact us to set up an appointment, please). Or visit right now in a Virtual Reality experience (no special equipment necessary). You can pray the Stations of the Cross in our virtual prayer room.
See and meditate on Christ’s love for you.
Meditation Song: “Why?”
Sung by Nancy Gardner Viola
Composed by John Michael Talbot
Pray with our video.
For more prayers and the stories of the artists, use the links below.
The Way of the Cross
- Station 1: Jesus is condemned to death (Barbara Boschee from North Dakota, Mixed Media)
- Station 2: Jesus carries his cross (Nadya Melina David from the Philippines)
- Station 3: Jesus falls the first time (Richard Grzywacz from Michigan, Acrylic Paint)
- Station 4: Jesus meets His holy Mother (Richard Grzywacz from Michigan, Acrylic Paint)
- Station 5: Simon of Cyrene helps Jesus carry His cross (Rosie Yeo from Malaysia)
- Station 6: Jesus meets Veronica (Kathleen Ellertson from Oklahoma, Oil Painting)
- Station 7: Jesus falls a second time (Jane Rullier from Florida)
- Station 8: Jesus comforts the weeping women (Angelia Neo from Singapore, Mixed Media)
- Station 9: Jesus falls the third time (Dorothy Riley from Florida, Oil Painting)
- Station 10: Jesus is stripped of His clothing (Vanessa Conklin from Florida)
- Station 11: Jesus is nailed to the cross (Mariela Gavino, age 13 from Virginia)
- Station 12: Jesus dies on the cross (Rei Luzardo from Florida)
- Station 13: Jesus is taken down from the cross (Sherry Phillips from California)
- Station 14: Jesus is laid in the tomb (Terry Modica from Good News Ministries)
- Station 15: The Resurrection of Jesus (Jenny Cabrini Chan from Malaysia)